Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Western Homes and Eastern Hearts.


Living in Western Australia is an amazing experience so far but as each day passes I realise how much my heart belongs to the east coast. The more I think about it the more I draw the conclusion that I have no where that I call home anymore, I have the town I grew up in but I could not return there to live, Byron stopped feeling like home a long time ago and WA will never be home for any extended period of time. I draw comfort in the fact that the east coast will always hold my home though and when I do finally return that I may find it somewhere in between its two state borders. I am not sure what it is but there is just something missing for me over here, I am putting it down to memories of some of the best times of my life and the fact that I am missing all those people, places and times. "human intellect makes its own difficulties" Bacon. The thought of that allows me to be completly happy with past and present, but there is still a consistent nagging feeling of longingness for something that I can't put my finger on.

No comments:

Post a Comment