Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Recent Readings.

I have read a few good books in the last month or two, here are a few of them.


Animal Farm is a book written by George Orwell. It is a book about Starlin and the Soviet Union, it is basically having a go at communism and the Starlin regime. Well it is actually about a farm where the animals drive the owner from the farm and form their own society. I got pretty syked on it, it made me so angry though haha. I spose thats what books are meant to do, engage their audience or what ever haha.


This book was pretty heavy reading, it was pretty amazing though. I was going through the classics and well this dates back and is about as classic as they get I would say, no one is exactly sure when it was written but it was some where between 1150–800 BC. So yeah it is old. It is the story of the Trojan war, the one they made a movie out of starring Brad Pitt and Eric Banner. The book I would say is way better, the gods play such a massive part in the book, getting involved in the battles and taking sides when they are forbidden to by Zues God of the Gods. I spose everyone knows how it ends but the story is still amazing.
This book was a bit beyond my reading ability at the moment. But I will read it again later in life when I am sure I will be able to appreciate it alot more.

I have read this book at least 7 or 8 times. I am half way through it again. Hemingway was the author that got me into reading, the first book I ever picked up was "For Whom The Bell Tolls". It got me so into reading, I have read a fair few Hemingway books since then and they have all been incredible.
This book is just the best thing ever!! If you like the ocean in anyway what so ever read this. This is in my top 5 favorite books for sure!!
It is pretty much about exactly what the title is, an old fisherman struggles with the biggest fish he has ever seen for days until well, read the book but yeah.


Just finished this book last week. I was actually really impressed. I had never really liked Truman Capote. This is just another book that creates a romanticism for New York. The characters are all real good. It is only a short story, I wish it had have been about a hundred pages longer though!

Tallows was super fun again today!! Surfed twice almost went for a third.

No comments:

Post a Comment